Offering a blend of organics, compost, and coarse sandy loam this is an excellent choice to build-up landscaping beds in preparation for shrubs, trees, hedge-row, and general planting.
- Contains 65% organic content with excellent soil texture and consistency.
- A robust soil that contains a greater silt content than our organic garden soil.
- Contains high fertility with good nitrogen, phosphorous and potassium values. Requires NO ADDITIONAL fertilizer in the first year: wait for a sign of plant need in year two before adding any!
- This soil performs best by watering-in heavily TWICE to remove additional salts from the compost before seeding or planting out.
- This is our best, all-round, fertile soil choice for most landscape and planting applications. Wil perform well across the entire landscape.
- This soil is also our best option when dealing with wet areas where drainage is of concern. For really wet areas, placing a few inch layer of bedding sand down first or digging-in a French drain may still be required.
- We test our soils! Yes, this soil closely meets the 2P planting medium requirements as outlined in the B.C. Landscape Society Spec.