NEW PRODUCT, available FALL 2020 !
- A specialty soil that contains 80% organic content with a light-bodied humus-like texture.
- A dark blend of organics, compost, and washed sand. Replaces our Black Garden Mix as our most fertile soil-mix.
- This soil closely meets the organic amender status in the B.C. Landscape Society Spec. and is BEST SUITED as an amender/addition to existing garden beds to greatly improve levels of fertility and organics. Add a 2” to 6” layer and mix with top 2” to 6” layer of existing soil once per year in the Spring or Fall. Perfect for improving vegetable beds as well as for flower beds.
- A very fertile soil with good nitrogen, potassium and phosphorous values to support strong plant and root growth. Requires NO additional fertilizer in the first year!
- This soil performs best by watering-in heavily TWICE to remove additional salts from the compost before seeding or planting out the bed.
- PLEASE NOTE: You can plant directly into this soil. But, as an all-in-one soil for new/empty garden boxes/beds to plant directly into, we recommend our GrowMix soil as a better option with slightly lower nutrient values for best results in the first year.
The compost in both of these soils holds water extremely well – please watch how your plants react, and adjust your watering accordingly! Due to the compost, you will help minimize the amount of water used to keep your garden green all summer long.
Yes, your plants will thank you!