You are here: Landscaping Supplies / Sand & Gravel Mart / Road Base, 3” (MoT Spec)
Looking for a delivery of Road Base, 3” (MoT Spec) or any other bulk materials? Use the form below to request your desired product and delivery details and one of our staff members will be in touch to arrange the details. Staff reply during normal store hours.
To calculate the amount of Road Base, 3” (MoT Spec) you require, use the form below. Enter the width, length, and desired depth of the area you wish to cover and click 'Calculate' to see how many cubic yards you require. We suggest rounding up to the nearest 1/2-yard.
Bin # N/A
AVAILABLE WITH DIRECT TRUCKING ONLY
Similar to our 3/4” road base, but with larger rocks. This is the same material used to build up strength under road-ways and highways in preparation for topping off with 3/4” road base. Suitable anywhere a large depth of good structural fill is required in preparation for further building such as around house foundations, under driveways, and concrete slabs. This material has the added benefit of being a “tight” material but still freely draining – something that simply cannot be found with standard clay/dirt backfill on a jobsite.
|Single-axle dump truck (Dodge or Hino)
• Dodge: max. 3 yards sand/gravel OR 4 yards of dry soil OR 6 yards of mulch*
• Hino: max. 5 yards sand/gravel OR 5 yards of dry soil OR 6 yards of mulch*
|Fee for “split loads”
• bring two different bulk items in one delivery (restrictions apply)
• fee is in addition to delivery rate
|+ $15||+ $15|
• reduced rate for every 2nd trip (single-axle trucks only)
|Dual-axle dump truck (Mack or Kenworth)**
• sand/gravel capacity ~9.5-11 yards (~11.5-13.5 tonnes)
• soil/mulch* capacity ~15-20 yards
• delivery made with truck only (without trailer)
|Dual-axle dump truck & trailer (Kenworth & Pup)**
• sand/gravel capacity ~22-24 yards (~28 tonnes)
• soil/mulch* capacity ~32-35 yards
|Delivery restrictions are typically limited by weight, not volume.
* Mulches are fir bark and dark bark
**For large orders requiring 3 or more single or tandem-axle loads, we will charge hourly trucking rates instead of the per-trip fees above.