You are here: Landscaping Supplies / Sand & Gravel Mart / Rumble Rock, 1-1/2”-3”
Looking for a delivery of Rumble Rock, 1-1/2”-3” or any other bulk materials? Use the form below to request your desired product and delivery details and one of our staff members will be in touch to arrange the details. Staff reply during normal store hours.
To calculate the amount of Rumble Rock, 1-1/2”-3” you require, use the form below. Enter the width, length, and desired depth of the area you wish to cover and click 'Calculate' to see how many cubic yards you require. We suggest rounding up to the nearest 1/2-yard.
Compare Sizes • Bin # 08
NOW IN STOCK!
Making a loud RUMBLE when dumped out of our trucks, this dark basalt stone offers a larger scale version with the same coloring as our smaller dark fractured rocks.
Uses include ground-cover for shrub beds with the benefit of being heavy enough to “stay put” when a leaf blower is used in the fall to cleanup fallen debris. This stone is also a very, very good structural fill to “tighten up” poor, or damp sub-soils in preparation for further building or overlay with road-base material or driveway chips on top – say for a parking spot or a driveway installation. In such use, as minimum 460# plate compactor is recommended to get proper compaction. Overall, a great product!
|Single-axle dump truck (Dodge or Hino)
• Dodge: max. 3 yards sand/gravel OR 4 yards of dry soil OR 6 yards of mulch*
• Hino: max. 5 yards sand/gravel OR 5 yards of dry soil OR 6 yards of mulch*
|Fee for “split loads”
• bring two different bulk items in one delivery (restrictions apply)
• fee is in addition to delivery rate
|+ $15||+ $15|
• reduced rate for every 2nd trip (single-axle trucks only)
|Dual-axle dump truck (Mack or Kenworth)**
• sand/gravel capacity ~9.5-11 yards (~11.5-13.5 tonnes)
• soil/mulch* capacity ~15-20 yards
• delivery made with truck only (without trailer)
|Dual-axle dump truck & trailer (Kenworth & Pup)**
• sand/gravel capacity ~22-24 yards (~28 tonnes)
• soil/mulch* capacity ~32-35 yards
|Delivery restrictions are typically limited by weight, not volume.
* Mulches are fir bark and dark bark
**For large orders requiring 3 or more single or tandem-axle loads, we will charge hourly trucking rates instead of the per-trip fees above.